Class Action Litigation
• Represented Plaintiff in landmark federal case establishing Fair Housing Act remedies for consumers against private mortgage insurance companies.
• Litigated and settled federal case against national retailer in 23 states for off the clock work
• Litigated and settled federal case against a major Western PA paving company which established right of drivers to overtime compensation.
• Litigated and won presidential case before PA Supreme Court against in-state retailer that determined the fluctuating work week method of overtime was illegal under the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act.
• Litigated a case against large commercial real estate developer for surface water run-off damage.
• Litigated a sexual harassment case against a plastic surgeon by three (3) female employees.
• Jury verdict following month long jury trial against an insurance company and their liability for the actions of their independent agents.
• Jury verdict against mobile home park operator after intentionally destroying mobile home of tenant.
• Litigated and recovered property wrongfully taken by children of incapacitated family member.
• Litigated the return of certificates of deposit taken with fraudulently obtained power of attorney.
• Litigated the return of real property to elderly widow through fraud committed by family member involving proceedings in both bankruptcy and Common Pleas court.
• Litigated police disciplinary case resulting in reappointment of the police officer in a major urban city.
• Obtained several reported decisions in the Pennsylvania appellate courts concerning the interpretation of the unemployment laws and the interpretation of the regulations involving unemployment compensation proceedings.
• Litigated to verdict slander of title case.
• Litigated bankruptcy fraud case involving recovery of approximately $250,000.00 in liquid assets.
• Litigated and recovered real property of minor children fraudulently taken by grandparents.
• Litigated to verdict personal injury actions as well as cases for misrepresentation, fraud and racial discrimination.
• Defended clients in FLSA audits involving overtime and wage payments.
• Litigated and recovered substantial assets for victims of Ponzi real estate investment scheme created by CPA and investment advisor.
• Assisted in defense of a 3-month federal drug case in Western Pennslyvania.
• Various state court criminal cases including non-jury trials